Thursday, May 20, 2010

24 hour bug

Beau and I had a very bad bug.  It all started Tuesday night.  I was feeling very tired and Beau started getting chills and thought he was getting a fever.  We let it pass us, until the next day.  I recieved an email from Beau at work letting me know that he didn't feel well and it was thirty-minutes later that I started getting the same feeling.  I was sitting at my desk chair shivering like it 20 degrees in the office.  I thought about going home and getting rest, but I knew as soon as I got home, I would feel better.  So, I decided to tough it out.  Lunch time rolled around and I'm still shivering (knowing I should have gone home since clearly I had something).  I grabbed some soup and a gatorade and took it down like a champ, even though I didn't have much of an appetite. I popped some Tylenol and I started to feel a little better.  I decided to close my eyes for a little bit as well.  A couple of hours later, I felt better, but not 100%.  I almost felt like I was out of it due to the medicine and just being sick.  We left work early since we both knew we weren't going to be productive at work.  We went by the pharmacy to pick up some soup, more gatorade, crackers, and more medicine.  We picked up Benton from day care and headed home. 

If anyone walked into our house they would be able to tell that we weren't feeling well because we both were covered in blankets like it was December or something.  I watched Benton while he played for a little bit, while Beau took a little bit of a nap.  Then, Beau fed Benton dinner while I was able to close my eyes for a little bit.  Benton didn't want to get out of highchair (or maybe he didn't want Beau to get him out of his highchair) and so he got fussy.  Benton wouldn't stop crying, so I had to take over from Beau's daddy duties.  It was getting close to Benton's bed time, so I quickly threw him in the bathtub and got him ready for bed.  We read Goodnight Moon and then Benton was in bed.  Afterwards, I ate a cracker and took some Aleve and went to sleep immediately.  Beau and I crawled into bed a couple of hours later.  By this morning, I was feeling much better.  No chills, no shivers, and certain did not feel like I had any energy to move.  Beau, on the otherhand, was still feeling weak this morning.  However, by this afternoon, he was feeling like himself again (it might have something to do with him going to the baseball game tonight.)  With all that being said, this 24-hour bug is now officially over.

No comments: