Monday, March 1, 2010

Good things

It seems as though good things have been happening to us lately. Don't get me wrong, there have been some bumps in the road. Currently, we are sitting on top of a hill right now and it's good...all good. But we do know that where there is a up, there is always a down. I don't know how long we will ride the top of this hill, however, we will enjoy it as long as possible.

I think it's funny how things do work out and I'm a strong believer that things do happen for a reason and that God has a plan for us all (not trying to go all religous on you). Beau and I have argued discussed how it seems certain people are just lucky.  Like everything just falls in place for them without even really trying.  However he tells me it's all in the "plan" and there's no such thing as luck.  I believe we all have a "plan" too, but sometimes this plan doesn't work like how we want it to...maybe it makes a turn for the worst or maybe it turns out better than expected.  I believe our "plan" just made a turn for the good.  Just to give you an idea of the good things that happened to us lately:

- Benton decided it is his time to start walking!  He has enjoyed learning this new skill and we have enjoyed watching him take his first steps.

- after receiving a statement in the mail from our mortgage company letting us know that our mortgage will be going up a significant amount (more than one household can budget for in a two-month timeframe). After many discussions with the hubby, we knew that something was wrong with this statement, but we could definitely budget to meet this need, if need be.  Well come to find out, it was a mistake on the bank and our mortgage will not be going up.

- a new job for me! If you know me pretty well, then you know about my status at my current job.  Let's just say this new job will make for a happier me, or so we hope! :) As much as I would LOVE to be a SAHM, that is not in our "plan" right now, so we make the best out of being working parents.

These are our good things that happened to us within the past couple of days.  So like I said before, we'll enjoy riding the top of our hill for now. 


To celebrate our good things/news, we decided it was time for us to purchase a new camera.  We ventured out Saturday, after doing extensive reading and researching, and trying to find the best deal, we ended up with a new Nikon D5000!  (Thanks to Jennifer for rave review about it.) I Beau and I are very thrilled with our new purchase and can't wait to explore all the nick-nacks this camera comes with! I'm already in love! Look at these wonderful pictures:









No comments: