Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Firsts

It is finally starting to feel like spring and we are looking forward to nice, warm weather again!  We have been in a slump and a depression-state for the past couple of months since it is been cold and dreary. 

This past weekend was beautiful.  We took FULL advantage of the nice weather and hoping it was not a tease.  We are starting to see the tulip plants making their way through the ground and even saw a couple bloomed this past weekend.  We can not wait for spring.

It's funny how things change when you have a baby.  Who would have that you try everything in your power to do good for your kids.  There goes sitting and relaxing on the weekends watching TV or a good movie or heading to the mall because you "needed" some new shoes, pants, or wardrobe change or even heading out on Friday evenings for a movie night.  It's not "let's get in the car and go somewhere" anymore.  Now, it's: do we have the diaper bag, a bottle, snacks, toys, camera,etc...?

This weekend we were busy.  Friday afternoon, Benton attended his first birthday party.  It was a bowling party.  We had a good time.  He wasn't so much into the aspect of bowling, but loved looking and touching all the different bowling balls.  He did occassionally push the bowling ball down the lane and did knock some pins down, with help of his mother and the bumpers!  He also enjoyed seeing and playing with the other kids, the neighborhood kids, to be exact. He had his first taste of cake and loved it! I think he would have eaten the whole cake, if he could.  Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of this event and hate myself for it.  However, if I do come across some pictures from the other moms who were taking pictures, I will definitely post them.

Since it was going to be nice on Saturday we decided to take Benton to the park and try out the playground and a swing.  We packed the neccessities, which included a soccer ball, and headed out the door.  It was nice to get some fresh air and for Benton to experience his first playground experience.  I think he was a little intimated by the playground, but I'm sure, not too long from now, he will be all over it! Beau did help him go down the slide, but he was too interested in the other kids to want to go down the slide again.  We then took advantage of the swing.  This was a hit!  He smiled from ear to ear and was laughing up a storm.  He would have stayed in that swing from dusk to dawn. We will definitely be hitting up the playground in the near future.

It was even nicer on Sunday and Beau had to report back to work.  I needed to go for a run, 9 miles to be exact, and decided that this was a good way for us to be outdoors.  I suited up in some running gear and strapped Benton in the stroller and we headed out.  Benton enjoyed the scenery, from cyclist, to runners, other mommies and daddies with their kids, to trees, grass and houses. He even took a snooze! It was a good run, besides the fact that our current stroller, which is not a jogging stroller, sounded like it was on it's last wheel (no pun intended).  I had some interesting looks come my way when they heard that stroller coming down the path.  We kept on rollin', strollin' and prayin' that we could make it back home before the wheels fell off.  Besides the stroller, Benton and I had a good run. 

So to sum up... Benton had his first in bowling, eating cake, first birthday party, playground experience, swinging in a swing, and going for a long stroller ride... all in one weekend!

I will leave you with some pictures from our fabolous weekend of Firsts!








1 comment:

Shelly said...

I love his little hat! These pictures are amazing. You're making me want a new camera.