Sunday, February 7, 2010

weekend extended

Due to our massive snow storm this past weekend we officially have Monday off from work!  What a great end to all the shoveling B and I have done and just to relax for a day especially after watching the Super Bowl!! GO Colts (only because I have a thing for Peyton Manning).

The snow finally stopped around 5pm Saturday and we woke up to a non-plowed street and people trying to drive on a layer of frozen snow.  We decided to get out of the house for a bit and wander down the street for lunch.  We saw several people shoveling and just enjoying being outside and enjoying the "warm" weather.  I believe the high was only 30 degrees but with the sun shining it made for some happy neighbors despite what they had ahead of them (a lot of shoveling). 

Even though this was the second largest snow storm of this winter and we worked hard this weekend by doing lots of shoveling, we will enjoy an extended weekend.

Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the Super Bowl and all of the commercials.

No comments: