We did a whole lot of this:
and not a whole lot of this:
B shoveling snow
We really wanted to try to build a snowman this time around, but the snow was still too powdery and wouldn't even stick to form a ball. (This is the type of snow we get up here in the "north" as to the "snow" down south. When I say "snow" I mean a combination of snow, ice, rain, etc.. You might refer to this type of "snow" as sleet.) So then we decided to become one-day tourist to our wonderful Nation's capital and to ingulf the wonderful sites covered in snow.
Washington Monument
Walking along the National Mall
Mr. B and I w/ WW II memorial, Washington Monument, and Capital behind us.
frozen Reflection Pool
(remember the movie "Forrest Gump" where Jenny runs through the pool yelling "Forrest". That was filmed near this spot...just not with snow covering the ground or the pool frozen.)
B and Mr. B in front of the Lincoln Memorial
Our tour of the snow covered city ended with this wonderful site:
an Eagle! and she was a beauty.











No comments:
Post a Comment