Monday, June 22, 2009

4 ounces

So the last two days of last week, we decided to increase Benton's intake to 4 ounces. I had some stored in the freezer that we decided to try and see if Benton was able to increase half an ounce each feed while he was at day care. Carmen, Benton's day care keeper, said he was more than happy to have all of the 4 ounces and before was acting like he was wanting more than the measly 3.5ounces he was getting. So starting today, we decided to start supplementing because as of now, I don't produce enough for his 3 feeds (about 3.5 oz each). Today was a little different, since we went to the Nats baseball game on Saturday, we took one of the prepared breastmilk bottles, so we had to supplement more with the formula. As the week progresses, we are hoping that 1. I will be able to produce more providing Benton knows what it's like to have more in his tummy which results in 2. we won't have to supplement him for long esp. since he will probably starting rice cereal and/or baby foods next month.

No comments: